BC-PHCRN hosted a post-conference workshop at the 2020 UBC Centre for Health Services and Policy Research annual health policy conference, March 5-6, in Vancouver. The workshop provided a forum for learning and discussion about the infrastructure, tools, and initiatives currently underway in BC to support a primary care learning health system, and discussed the progress BC has made towards developing such a system. Speakers and participants shared reflections on these developments in their context. The workshop was sponsored by the BC General Practice Services Committee.
The workshop objectives were for participants to be able to:
- Identify structures and supports involved in a learning health care system including:
- Building the infrastructure for secure and ethical use of primary care data,
- Developing tools and measures (i.e. patient and primary care surveys),
- Promoting learning and quality improvement initiatives for clinicians,
- Creating an iterative learning system.
For further details about the workshop program and for access to selected speakers’ presentations please visit the CHSPR conference website.